Explanation.

My name is Andrue Coombes, and I live in the State of Massachusetts. There are 298 towns and 53 cities in Massachusetts. It's my goal to visit each and every one of these places, take a picture of myself with the "Entering ___" sign, and interact with both the social and physical geography of the area. In this blog, I will write a story about my visit to each place, and things I did there, as well as post pictures and other things of interest. Hopefully I will complete this within the next few years, and everyone can notice how beautiful things can be in their own state if they just get out of and experience them! Good luck on all of your travels!

-Andrue Coombes

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WILLIAMSTOWN!



I love to look at maps a lot. I love to look at borders and small forgetable places and wonder what life is like there. Gazing upon the Map of Massachusetts I always wondered what our extremes were. From my town of Plymouth, Williamstown seems like it should be the furthest away from me, as it is the town on the Northwestern most tip. Williamstown is a beautiful town at Northwest corner of Massachusetts. Its bordered by New York to the West, and Vermont to the North. Its home to this rad art museum known as the Clark Art Institute. I went there once while touring colleges, and I thought how awesome it was that such a cool collection of art was located in a very remote place, as if you had to climb a mountain to see awesome paintings! William Wootters, the guy who proved the No-Cloning theorem lives here, as well as our old governor, Jane Swift!

No comments:

Post a Comment