Explanation.

My name is Andrue Coombes, and I live in the State of Massachusetts. There are 298 towns and 53 cities in Massachusetts. It's my goal to visit each and every one of these places, take a picture of myself with the "Entering ___" sign, and interact with both the social and physical geography of the area. In this blog, I will write a story about my visit to each place, and things I did there, as well as post pictures and other things of interest. Hopefully I will complete this within the next few years, and everyone can notice how beautiful things can be in their own state if they just get out of and experience them! Good luck on all of your travels!

-Andrue Coombes

Monday, May 24, 2010

ROWLEY!



Rowley is a nice little town on the North Shore with a lot of history. It was settled as a plantation for a few families. This place, I think is pretty cool, because it's supposedly right next to Innsmouth in the famous H.P. Lovecraft story "The Shadow Over Innsmouth". It's a pretty rad that this town borders the ruined, decrepit, Cthulu-loving town of Innsmouth. Rowley was rather quaint as well, and I learned of a diner there called the Agawam Diner. Now being a fan of diners, and food, I will eventually have to make a stop here and interview the workers. This diner is famous for its food, and history. Elvis Costello even shot the video for his song "45" here! What a lovely little town!

Elvis Costello "45" (Diner Version) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTuz55bQe0

No comments:

Post a Comment