Explanation.

My name is Andrue Coombes, and I live in the State of Massachusetts. There are 298 towns and 53 cities in Massachusetts. It's my goal to visit each and every one of these places, take a picture of myself with the "Entering ___" sign, and interact with both the social and physical geography of the area. In this blog, I will write a story about my visit to each place, and things I did there, as well as post pictures and other things of interest. Hopefully I will complete this within the next few years, and everyone can notice how beautiful things can be in their own state if they just get out of and experience them! Good luck on all of your travels!

-Andrue Coombes

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ERVING!



Erving is small town in Northwest Massachusetts that is less industry and more wilderness. I hadn't ever heard of the town until I was on the French King Bridge in Gill, looking at the sign. Erving is a cozy town nestled into the Mohawk Trail, with many old worldy aspects to it. My mother and I have a nasty habit of drinking lots of tea or water, and then having to pee every 5 or so miles. One of our stops was here in Erving, at the French King Restaurant. It was a really nice place from what I could tell. It looked like an old 18th century tavern that was still being used. There were very few lights, as it utilized natural light well, and the people inside looked like the type of people you would expect to find in a remote mountain tavern. The atmosphere of the whole town was wonderful, and the view of the Connecticut river along the border is a sight to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment