Explanation.

My name is Andrue Coombes, and I live in the State of Massachusetts. There are 298 towns and 53 cities in Massachusetts. It's my goal to visit each and every one of these places, take a picture of myself with the "Entering ___" sign, and interact with both the social and physical geography of the area. In this blog, I will write a story about my visit to each place, and things I did there, as well as post pictures and other things of interest. Hopefully I will complete this within the next few years, and everyone can notice how beautiful things can be in their own state if they just get out of and experience them! Good luck on all of your travels!

-Andrue Coombes

Monday, May 24, 2010

TOPSFIELD!


Topsfield is a town on the North Shore of Massachusetts, which is bordered by a total of SIX towns! Topsfield has a lot of history, dating back to the colonial period, of rapid progress and change; yet it maintains its old, and small town appeal with its architecture and atmosphere. Topsfield is also home to the Topsfield Fair, that I wanted to go to last year because the Village People were playing! Unfortunately we wouldn't have made it in time, seeing as I live about an hour and a half away, on a good day.

Our Adventure this time started here, where I met up with my friends Jamaica and Lindsay, whom I met last year. They were wonderful tour guides, who showed us their favorite spots on the North Shore, as well as sharing many stories about things they've done. In Topsfield, we stopped at the Topsfield house of Pizza, where there was a very small, but usable bathroom. It was a cozy little place. After that, we went to this place called the Willowdale Estate, located in the Bradley Palmer State Park, which was a beautiful house that is apparently used primarally for weddings. I got out of the car and we took pictures in front of the house, but soon after, someone stepped out to see what was going on, and then we just ran away. Topsfield, from my experience, was a quaint, and very green looking town.

No comments:

Post a Comment